Coconut Curry Noodle Bowl
This coconut curry noodle soup is a perfect blend of spices. The rich and creamy broth is full of flavor!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger, fresh
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14oz can coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 tsp soy sauce or tamari, low sodium (gluten-free if desired)
- 8 oz Rice noodles
- 2 cups Bean sprouts
- 4 Lime, wedges
- 1 Handful Cilantro, fresh
- Sriracha or hot sauce (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-low heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and curry paste and cook for 3 minutes, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the ginger and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice noodles and cook according to package directions, usually 3-6 minutes depending on the thickness of the noodles. (Ours were thick rice noodles so they took about 6 minutes.) When there is 1 minute left of cooking, add the bean sprouts.
- Remove from heat and carefully divide into bowls.
- Sprinkle each bowl with cilantro and serve with a lime wedge. Drizzle with hot sauce, if desired.
Red curry paste is often sold in the Asian section of the grocery store. I used the Thai kitchen brand.
If gluten free, use gluten free tamari in place of soy sauce.
Keywords: Curried Noodle Bowls