This easy coconut curry noodle bowl is rich and creamy with a flavorful coconut broth. This recipe comes together in 15 minutes with just a handful of pantry staples!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari, low sodium (gluten-free if desired)
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- Sriracha or hot sauce (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-low heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and curry paste and cook for 3 minutes, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the ginger and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice noodles and cook according to package directions, usually 3-6 minutes depending on the thickness of the noodles. (I usually use thick rice noodles so they take about 6 minutes.) When there is 1 minute left of cooking, add the bean sprouts.
- Remove from heat and carefully divide into bowls.
- Sprinkle each bowl with cilantro and serve with a lime wedge. Drizzle with hot sauce, if desired.
Red curry paste is often sold in the Asian section of the grocery store. I used the Thai kitchen brand.
If gluten free, use gluten free tamari in place of soy sauce.
Keywords: Curried Noodle Bowls