This creamy cilantro hummus recipe has a fresh, herbal flavor that makes it a delicious dip for vegetables or pita chips! Skip the store-bought hummus and make this tasty in just a few minutes!
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ bunch cilantro, ends trimmed (about 1 cup loosely packed)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Warm the chickpeas in the microwave for 1 minute, to make the chickpeas easier to blend.
- Add the chickpeas, cilantro, and cumin to the food processor pulse until chunky.
- With the machine running, drizzle the olive oil and water and blend until smooth.
- Add salt to taste and blend until combined.
If you like your hummus to have a thinner consistency, feel free to add more water until you reach your desired consistency. It tends to thicken in the refrigerator so when enjoying leftovers, add a splash of water and stir until smooth.
Keywords: cilantro hummus