Shredded kale and Brussels sprouts are the base for this hearty salad! Topped with toasted chickpeas, salty parmesan, and crunchy almonds, this salad is loaded with delicious flavors!
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch lacinato kale (see note)
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 oz shredded parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the chickpeas with 2 tablespoons of olive oil then toss with the parsley, oregano, garlic, onion, and salt until coated.
- Spread the chickpeas into a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes then stir.
- Continue baking for 12 minutes or until browned.
- Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts then shred using a mandoline slicer or a shredding disk on a food processor. (This can also be done with a sharp knife, but it’ll take you a bit longer!)
- Destem the kale leaves, then cut the leaves into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts and kale with the remaining olive oil.
- Add the almonds, Parmesan, and roasted chickpeas. Add salt to taste, if needed.
Lacinato or dinosaur kale is dark green with flatter leaves than traditional curly kale. Feel free to substitute curly kale, if you like.
Keywords: Chopped Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad