These almond butter cookies are soft and chewy with plenty of chocolate chips! They’re vegan, oil free, and delicious!
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup agave (see notes for substitutions)
- 2 tablespoons applesauce (see notes for substitutions)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Move your oven rack to the top-middle position.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the almond butter, agave, coconut oil or applesauce, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the chocolate chips. The dough will be a bit sticky.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until lightly browned on top.
You can replace the applesauce with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
You can replace the agave with maple syrup or honey. (Although honey is not vegan.)
Keywords: almond butter chocolate chip cookies