What’s the secret to these healthy, whole wheat chocolate muffins? AVOCADO! The healthy fat makes these muffins irresistibly moist but still healthy enough for breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 3/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine the pastry flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the avocado, (peeled and pitted of course) with the agave, almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- It might be a bit lumpy but just make sure you don’t have dry pockets of flour.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into a mini muffin tin. Mine made about 20 mini muffins.
- Bake for 12-17 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. (Mine took about 14 minutes.) Do NOT over bake or they’ll dry out and be more crumbly rather than fudgey.
Keywords: Avocado muffins