This cheesy cauliflower soup is thick and creamy but secretly loaded with vegetables! It’s a hearty soup that is filled with healthy ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 4 cups chopped)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Add the butter to a large pot or dutch oven and heat over medium-low heat until melted.
- Add the carrots, celery, and onion and continue to cook over medium-low heat for 8 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Add garlic and paprika and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add flour and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and cauliflower and simmer for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is softened.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully transfer 2 cups of soup to a blender and blend until smooth. (See blog post for tips on blending hot soup.)
- Add the blended soup back to the pot and add the milk and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
Keywords: cheesy cauliflower soup