This pesto cavatappi pasta recipe is a delicious dish made with just a handful of ingredients! This 15 minute recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight meal!
- 8oz cavatappi pasta
- 1 cup pasta water
- 4oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven, bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Reserve one cup of pasta water.
- In a separate skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until some of the moisture is released.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Combine the pesto and 1/2 cup of the pasta water with the pasta, then add the mushrooms and tomatoes. Add more pasta water if needed.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve. Add salt to taste, if needed.
Keywords: pesto cavatappi