This Broccoli and Orzo Skillet is a delicious one-pan dinner that cooks in just 20 minutes! It’s creamy, cheesy, and loaded with broccoli for a healthy, filling meal.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 4-5 minutes until the onion is softened.
- Add the garlic and orzo and continue to cook for 1 minute
- Add the broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth and simmer for 8-9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until orzo is tender
- Remove from heat and stir in milk and cheese.
Keywords: broccoli and orzo pasta