These black bean and sweet potato enchiladas have a sweet and spicy filling that will have you coming back for seconds! It’s easy to make and filled with plenty of healthy ingredients!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato (½ lb) diced
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup corn
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, cooking for 4-5 minutes, or until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, tomatoes, water, chili powder, cumin, and coriander to the skillet. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes soften.
- Gently mash the sweet potatoes with a fork or potato masher.
- Stir in ½ cup of the cheese, black beans, and corn.
- Let cook for 5 more minutes, then set aside and let it cool slightly.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce to the bottom of a baking dish.
- Add about ¼ cup filling to each tortilla. Roll, and place in the pan, (on top of the sauce) seam side down.
- Once you’ve rolled them all and filled your pan, cover with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
Keywords: black bean and sweet potato enchiladas