This easy combination makes the very best bagel sandwich!
- 1 everything bagel (check the ingredients if you want to keep this vegan)
- 4 avocado slices
- 2 tbsp hummus (I like garlic or pine nut hummus)
- 1 tbsp diced red onion
- Handful of spinach
- 2 slices of tomato (if it’s in season, otherwise I skip it)
- Slice and toast the bagel.
- Spread hummus on one side of the bagel.
- Slice the avocado into thin slices and arrange the slices over the hummus.
- Top with red onions, spinach, and tomatoes.
- Place the other half of the bagel on top and dig in!
Some bagels are vegan and some have an egg wash or honey. The everything bagels at Panera are vegan and you can also find vegan bagels at the grocery store. Trader Joe’s, Thomas, Food for Life, and most Sara Lee bagels are vegan.
Keywords: bagel sandwich