This berry fruit salad is drizzled with a homemade strawberry syrup, made from the tops of strawberries so no food goes to waste! This simple side dish is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Cut off the strawberries’ stems, leaving some flesh.
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the strawberries’ stems with sugar and water.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the syrup starts to thicken about 15-20 minutes.
- Strain liquid into a bottle or a bowl and let it cool completely.
- Cut the strawberries into bite-size pieces. Leave the raspberries and blueberries whole.
- In a serving dish, combine the fruits gently. Store the salad in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, pour the syrup over the fruits and toss gently to combine.
Fruit salad is best served the day you made it. If you have any leftovers, you can keep them for one day in the fridge.