These applesauce cookies are made with whole wheat flour, rolled oats, and diced apples for a treat that is healthy enough for breakfast! Each cookie has less than 100 calories, so it’s perfect when you need a little something sweet!
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small red apple, peeled and diced (see note)
- Move oven rack to the top-middle position.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the applesauce, brown sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla until combined.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and diced apple.
- Mix until just combined. (You shouldn’t see any large streaks of flour.)
- Drop into rounded tablespoons onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until set. (Check the bottoms for doneness. They should be lightly browned on the bottom.)
I like to use a sweet red apple like a Honeycrisp, Fuji, or Gala. Peel the apple then dice into small pieces. You won’t need a large apple. A lunchbox size apple is perfect!
Keywords: applesauce breakfast cookies