These almond flour applesauce muffins are soft and tender. Made with natural sweetener and minimal oil, these muffins are healthy and filling. Try these lower carb muffins for breakfast or a snack!
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, egg, honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Mix until just combined.
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter into each muffin liner.
- Bake for 19- 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
The muffins will brown significantly. Don’t worry- you haven’t burned them!
Be sure to use room temperature ingredients, so the melted coconut oil doesn’t solidify when mixed.
Feel free to use any chocolate chips you like. I prefer mini chocolate chips to get a little chocolate in every bite!
Keywords: Almond Flour Applesauce Muffins