This easy whipped ricotta is the perfect spread for a crusty baguette!
- 1 crusty baguette
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp McCormick’s Red Pepper, Oregano, & Garlic spice blend
- Olive oil for drizzling (optional)
- Whip the cream cheese with a whisk attachment on a stand mixer or blend it in a food processor for 30 seconds.
- Add in the ricotta and continue to blend for 3-4 minutes until it becomes smooth and creamy. If you’re using a food processor, it’ll blend a bit faster but you might need to scrape down the sides after 1 minute.
- Add in the spices and blend for 30 seconds until combined.
- Slice the baguette into 1″ slices, and top with a smear of the whipped ricotta.
- Drizzle with olive oil just before serving. (Optional)
I found that a whisk attachment on a stand mixer was the easiest way to get this ricotta to be super light and fluffy but if you don’t have one, a hand mixer or a food processor can do the trick. You might just need to stop and stir every minute or so.
Keywords: Whipped Ricotta