This Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese is made with just 5 ingredients for an easy, one pot meal the whole family will love! This super creamy macaroni and cheese will have you coming back for seconds!
- 16oz macaroni
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 16oz can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or half sharp cheddar, half gouda)
- Add the macaroni, water, and broth to the Instant Pot.
- Cover with the lid and turn the release valve to the sealing position.
- If using regular pasta noodles, set to manual pressure cook for 4 minutes. For chickpea pasta, set to manual pressure cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, quick-release the pressure by turning the pressure valve to vent. Then remove the lid once the pot has depressurized. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Immediately add the evaporated milk and butter, and stir.
- Add the cheese and continue to stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
I like to use 2 cups vegetable broth and 2 cups water. If using broth, be sure to use low-sodium broth so the end result isn’t too salty.
Keywords: Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese