This delicious pasta recipe is a 15 minute dinner filled with a rainbow of veggies! Everything cooks in one pot so this delicious, healthy meal is easy to make!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta in a short shape such as ziti, penne, rotini, or bowtie
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped into 1” pieces
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 oz grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup grated)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil, garlic, oregano, and crushed red pepper, to a large pot or Dutch oven and heat over medium heat for one minute.
- Add the vegetable broth and beans.Cover. Turn the heat to high and once the broth is boiling, add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. If necessary, add a splash of water to ensure the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot. Reduce heat to medium.
- When there are two minutes left of cooking time, add the tomatoes, asparagus, and spinach, lemon juice, and lemon zest and stir to combine. Continue to cook uncovered until the pasta is al dente.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Instant Pot Directions
- Set the pressure cooker to sauté and add the olive oil, garlic, and seasonings to the pot.
- Sauté for one minute, then add the pasta, beans, and 3 cups of broth to your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Seal the lid and ensure the valve is set to sealing. Press cancel to end the sauté function. Then set the Instant Pot to manually pressure cook the pasta for one minute. Allow the pressure to naturally release for two minutes, then switch the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Press cancel to end the keep warm function, then press sauté. Add the tomatoes, asparagus, spinach, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Keywords: 15 Minute Vegetable Pasta