This spicy chickpea chili can be made in just 10 minutes. It’s healthy, vegan, and gluten-free!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz mild salsa verde (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15–ounce can sweet corn
- 2 15–ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds
- Add the shallot and cook for 2 minutes until it begins to soften
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute until fragrant
- Add the salsa verde, vegetable broth, corn, and chickpeas and bring to a simmer
- Cover and let simmer for 5-6 minutes until heated
- Divide into bowls and add cilantro just before serving
Salsa verde is a green salsa that can usually be found in the Mexican section of the grocery store near the other salsas and sauces. I typically buy a brand called Herdez which is relatively inexpensive.
Keep in mind that the sodium can start to climb when using canned beans, salsas, and broth. If sodium is an issue, be sure to look for low sodium versions of these things!
Keywords: Chickpea Chili