Workout (in Style)
Is it just me, or do you work out a little harder when you feel good about how you look? I know sometimes those gym lights can be harsh. And I’m well aware that my hair can look a little crazy during a run, but that’s no reason to settle for ratty t-shirts and baggy sweats.
However, I also understand not wanting to spend $100 on a pair of yoga pants…
(Yes I have a few pairs of Lululemon. And yes I just bought an adorable Lululemon jacket on Friday. And yes I got it at a thrift store for less than $30 bucks. Score.)
The point is, you don’t necessarily have to spend a lot of money for good workout clothes.
Some of my favorites:
1. These Lululemon running capris are amazing, but I know Lulu can be pricy. Just look for wicking material. As an added bonus, these have a zipper pocket in the back for a key, which I love. It makes it easy to safely tuck away my house key when I leave for a run.
2. This half zip hoodie from target was definitely less than $25 but it keeps me warm when the temperatures are chilly. I wore this during my half marathon, and it kept me not too hot, not too cold.
3. Ladies, lets not underestimate the importance of a good sports bra. I got this one for about $12 at TJ Maxx and it’s one of my favorites.
4. Shoes! I got these last fall and I absolutely love them. Brooks makes amazing shoes, but as long as you have a pair that is comfortable and provides the support and cushion you need, that’s what matters!
5. I snagged this little headband at Target for just a couple of bucks. I can wear it with a ponytail, and it keeps my ears warm. It also helps keep my ear buds in!
6. My BodyMedia band is awesome for tracking my calories burned. It’s pretty cool. (You can see my video review here.) I haven’t been wearing it much recently, but it is pretty cool to see such an accurate calorie count during a workout!
I’m all for cheap deals, and I highly recommend places like TJMaxx and Marshall’s for low priced workout clothes. The only thing I wouldn’t skip on in running shoes. Those can run $100 or more, but a good pair of shoes can prevent injuries. Yoga pants just make your butt look good 😉
Besides, you don’t need expensive clothes for a fun workout…
All you really need is to enjoy what you’re doing!