This baked gnocchi with tomatoes is rich and creamy with a delicious sauce made from mozzarella cheese. This simple one-pan meal is easy to make but hearty and filling.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 oz shelf-stable or refridgerated gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the gnocchi and toast for 4-5 minutes until the gnocchi begins to brown slightly.
- Remove the gnocchi from the pan, then add butter to the skillet.
- Heat over medium heat until melted.
- Whisk in the flour and continue to cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the milk and continue to cook, stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, and mozzarella cheese and continue to stir until the cheese has melted.
- In an 8×8 pan, combine the toasted gnocchi and chopped tomatoes.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the gnocchi, and gently mix to combine.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 25 minutes uncovered until the top is golden brown.
Keywords: baked gnocchi with tomatoes