Looking for a healthier pizza crust option? This quinoa pizza crust has more protein and fiber than a traditional pizza crust!
I’m a sucker for pizza. Sometimes I just want to load up a pizza with all the toppings I can find, and sometimes I just crave a pizza topped with some cheesy goodness. That’s why this quinoa flour crust pizza is perfect!
If you’ve never tried quinoa flour, it’s basically just ground quinoa. It has a bit of a nutty flavor and it can be a little tricky as a flour swap, but it actually works really well in this quinoa pizza crust recipe.Print
This quinoa pizza crust recipe is a healthy alternative to traditional pizza!
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 2 tbsp oat flour, gluten-free flour OR all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Optional: fresh basil, crushed red pepper, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Combine the quinoa flour and gluten free flour.
- Add in the oilve oil and water and stir.
- Stir in the salt and herbs.
- Once it liquid is mixed in, knead with your hands.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil and roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- You want to keep the crust as thin as possible in order for it to get crispy.
- Bake without any toppings for 5-7 minutes until it begins to dry out a bit.
- Remove from oven and add 1/4 cup pizza sauce and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Turn the on to broil and broil for a few minutes until the cheese begins to brown. Be careful because it can happy quickly!
- Remove from the oven, slice, and serve!
This quinoa pizza crust is a pretty good swap! It’s not a crispy as a traditional pizza and you can taste a bit of the quinoa flavor, but that’s something I don’t mind and this recipe is much easier than cauliflower crust! The trick is to really make sure you cook it long enough. If it’s undercooked, it’ll be a little soft and soggy. If you cook it long enough, it’ll get crispy, especially on the edges!
You can also broil it for a couple minutes to get that bubbly, browned, cheesy goodness! Hello, single-serving pizza. This is a cheesy pizza that has a little extra protein and fiber. Also, quinoa is a complete protein which means this pizza contains all of the essential amino acids that your body needs. Now that’s a pizza you can feel good about eating!
Check out my guide to flour alternatives for more tips on flour swaps!