Makes 8 1/4 cup servings
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave or maple syrup if vegan)
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs OR chocolate chips
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Combine the oats, peanut butter, and honey. You want to make sure the oats are coated. If your peanut butter in unsalted, sprinkle a little salt in there.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non stick spray.
- Dump the oats onto the baking sheet, leaving all the oats in one pile, and then flatten with your hand or spatula. You want them in basically a giant pancake shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 300 and then stir things around with a spatula. It’s up to you if you want big clumps or not. (I like clumps, so I stirred just enough to get everything brown.)
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes, until everything is evenly browned.
- Stir in cacao nibs or chocolate chips. (If using chocolate chips, let it cool just slightly.)