New, New, New!
I’m all moved in to my new apartment! The move went WAY better than I could have imagined! I really have no complaints or disaster stories. I had tons of help (Thank you, friends!!) and it went quickly. I’m still unpacking boxes and working on organizing everything, but it’s coming together. (Note: I’m not sure where my light box is going to go. Still working that one out…) I now have two roommates and I’m excited because they’re super cool!
recipe way to eat cauliflower:
This really doesn’t even count as a recipe because it’s too easy! But I have to share it, because this has been a new favorite way to eat cauliflower:
- 2 cups cauliflower (frozen is fine)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt/pepper to taste
Microwave the cauliflower until it’s cooked, and then run it through a food processor (I used my vita mix) until it’s finely choppped, but before it’s pureed. It should be a similar consistency of rice. Then stir in your nutritional yeast (and maybe a little water, depending on how you cooked your c-flower) Top with salt and pepper and dig in. It’s almost like cheesy rice. It’s pretty delicious, I swear. Try it!
New Blog Award:
Lettuce Choose Healthy granted me the honor of a Stylish Blogger award. Thanks, girl!
And so… as per the rules of the award, here are 7 random facts about me:
1. I don’t like ice in my drinks, but I like ice by itself (don’t tell me all the reasons I shouldn’t be eating ice, I’m not going to stop)
2. When I was in college, I wore a different pair of shoes every single day during spring quarter. That’s right, 50 different pairs of shoes. That’s when I realized I had too many.
3. My socks never match, because I like patterned socks, but I’m too lazy to ever match them up
4. I read the Wall Street Journal every single morning while I eat my breakfast. If I don’t get to do it, I’m cranky.
5. I’m not a big movie person, but I LOVE documentaries.
6. When I’m at work I like to listen to rap music. Actually, I like to listen to rap music all the time.
7. I sleep with my phone in my bed. Not by my bed, in my bed.
And that’s all the new stuff going on with me! What’s new with you all? Tell me one new think you tried/did in the past month! Go!