These protein packed stuffed peppers are the perfect vegetarian dish!
- 2 bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked lentils (1/2 cup dried)
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp of garlic powder
- sprinkle salt & pepper
- How to cook lentils: 1 part lentils, 2 parts water. Boil for 30ish minutes or until soft. You can do that part ahead of time, if needed.
- Saute your onions in a pan over medium heat until soft. I just sprayed the pan with a little olive oil- you won’t need much.
- While that’s cooling, slice the top off the bell pepper, and clean out the seeds inside.
- In a bowl, toss the lentils, onions, tomatoes, cheese and spices together until mixed.
- Scoop it into the pepper, and pop it into the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until the pepper gets soft.
- Tip: Stick the peppers in a muffin tin, so they don’t tip over on a baking sheet.