Gluten free and high in protein, this vegetarian salad is hearty enough for a main dish.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 avocado
- 1 1/2 cups soybeans (frozen is fine)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Dash of crushed red pepper to tasted
- If using frozen soybeans, heat the oven to 400 and cook for 15 minutes until warm. (You could also just unthaw them in the microwave if you don’t want to heat the oven.
- Boil the quinoa and water and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Slice the avocado, remove the pit and the peel, and slice into chunks.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the Parmesan into very thin strips. (I used a vegetable peeler to go the length of the cheese wedge and then broke apart the long strips.)
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the quinoa and stir.
- Toss all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and serve warm!