I ran my first race this morning, and It’s amazing how many things one can learn during such a short race… here’s the take away:
- Tie (or re-tie) your shoes before you start running and never underestimate the power of a double knot
- Make sure you co-ordinate with your running buddies whether or not you’re running with an ipod (sorry, Eric.)
- Wear something that sets you apart (Eric, I followed someone for almost a mile thinking it was you… he was wearing all black! oops.)
- Drink water before the race, even if you’re not thirsty (I know everyone says this, but I didn’t listen.)
- Pee before you run, even if you don’t think you have to (especially if you follow the tip above)
- Don’t use a race to break in new running shoes (I should have ran in them a bit more before today…)
- Don’t get discouraged that people are passing you. Cheer them on!
This is my cheesy running pose, taken just after the race 🙂 Woohoo!
I hope you’re all having a great weekend! Thanks for all your tips and encouragement!
Tomorrow’s post will be about my “puzzle piece pizza” which re-fueled me after my run!