Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 cups cooked)
- 2 cups of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups part skim shredded mozzarella
- Handful of fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Carefully slice your spaghetti squash in half. (Be careful!)
- Scoop out the seeds and flip them cut side down on a large microwave safe plate.
- Add a little water to the bottom of the plate (to create steam) and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- In a small casserole dish (mine was 6 X 8) add a thin layer of tomato sauce to the bottom.
- Combine the rest of the tomato sauce with the ricotta cheese.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done in the microwave, scoop out the insides with a folk. (It’ll make little “strands”) but be careful, it’ll be hot!
- Then layer in spaghetti squash over the sauce.
- Top with sauce and repeat with spaghetti squash.
- Cover the whole pan with mozzarella cheese and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.
- Turn to broil for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the top becomes brown and bubbly.
- Roughly chop the fresh basil and sprinkle over top!