One Pan Ratatouille Recipe
- Author: Liz Thomson
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dinner
- Olive Oil
- 1 large white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 28oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp of salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium eggplant
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Optional for serving: Fresh burrata cheese, fresh basil, crusty bread.
- Handful of basil
- In a large cast iron skillet or pot, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat for a couple of minutes until it begins to shine.
- Dice the onion and add it to the pot. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Mince the garlic and add it to the pot, cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bundle of thyme. Let it cook for about 5 minutes over low to medium heat, and use a spoon to gently break apart the tomatoes.
- Chop the eggplant zucchini and squash into 1/2″ pieces and add them to the pot, cooking for 20 minutes, or until they’ve softened.
- Season with salt and red pepper.
- Serve with a dollop of burrata cheese, fresh basil, and a slice of crusty bread.