This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, I only work with brands I know and love. All opinions are mine alone. #LeaveBlandBehind #CollectiveBias
Can we talk about how easy this recipe is? You only need 5 ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your kitchen. Plus, you can whip this up in 5 minutes. And I mean literally whip this up. I actually tried this recipe a few different ways but ricotta version was the one that kept me coming back for more. It’s unbelievably creamy and I love how it pairs so nicely with spicy crushed red pepper.
Spice blends are such an easy way to pump up the flavor of a dish, so I was excited to see that McCormick has come up with some new varieties of their spice blends! (I’ve tried their taco seasoning before, and it’s awesome, too!) For this recipe, I used the McCormick Crushed Red Pepper, Oregano & Garlic All Purpose Seasoning but I ended up buying the others because they all sounded good!
Here’s a list of all the new seasoning blends:
- Basil, Oregano, Garlic & Sea Salt All Purpose Seasoning
- Crushed Red Pepper, Oregano & Garlic All Purpose Seasoning
- Garlic, Herb, Black Pepper & Sea Salt All Purpose Seasoning
- Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper & Sea Salt All Purpose Seasoning
- Himalayan Pink Salt, Black Pepper & Garlic All Purpose Seasoning
Alex has been making a lot of fresh bread recently which I’m loving. Usually, we just eat the baguette dipped in olive oil but I wanted to try something a little bit different. Warning: it’s got a kick to it, but you really can’t go wrong. These all-purpose seasoning blends are like a “secret weapon” that takes all the guesswork out of finding the perfect flavor blend! Plus, I loved that the ingredients list was super transparent!
5 Minute Spicy Whipped Ricotta Spread
This easy whipped ricotta is the perfect spread for a crusty baguette!
- 1 crusty baguette
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp McCormick’s Red Pepper, Oregano, & Garlic spice blend
- Olive oil for drizzling (optional)
- Whip the cream cheese with a whisk attachment on a stand mixer or blend it in a food processor for 30 seconds.
- Add in the ricotta and continue to blend for 3-4 minutes until it becomes smooth and creamy. If you’re using a food processor, it’ll blend a bit faster but you might need to scrape down the sides after 1 minute.
- Add in the spices and blend for 30 seconds until combined.
- Slice the baguette into 1″ slices, and top with a smear of the whipped ricotta.
- Drizzle with olive oil just before serving. (Optional)
I found that a whisk attachment on a stand mixer was the easiest way to get this ricotta to be super light and fluffy but if you don’t have one, a hand mixer or a food processor can do the trick. You might just need to stop and stir every minute or so.
Honestly, I’m not a big “recipe follower” so I love how McCormick’s All-Purpose Seasoning Blends take the guesswork out of cooking. You can add a little more spice if you want to amp up the flavor or use a little less if you want something milder. It’s all about customizing it to your preference! And let’s be honest, is there anything easier than adding a few shakes of spices?
Just a little tip, it took me a few grocery store trips to find them. (I ended up snagging all of them at Walmart.)
They were a little off to the side from where the individual spices are kept and the packaging is a little different than some of the other McCormick spices, so hopefully, that photo helps you find them in the spice aisle! (Plus, you can see that they’re easy on the budget!)