Easy Potato Soup
- 3lb bag of potatoes
- 2 cups milk (we used skim, you could use soy or almond)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 12 green onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and wash the potatoes and then cut into slices, then halved.
- Fill a pot of water to just cover the potatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Let these boil until the potatoes are soft. Pour out most of the water (don’t fully drain them) and then add in the milk.
- Bring back to a boil and stir until the potatoes start to break down. I like my soup chunky, but if you like it smoother, you could use a potato masher.
- Next, I added in about 1 tbsp salt, 2 tsp pepper, and 2 tsp of a garlic powder + pepper blend. I ended up adding in more garlic and pepper after serving, but you can adjust to your liking.
- Then top each bowl with a little cheese and green onions.