These black bean brownie bites are vegan & gluten free. Packed with fiber and protein, these brownie bites are a perfectly healthy treat!
As a vegetarian, beans are a regular part of my diet. Garbanzo beans, cannellini beans, navy beans, kidney beans… and of course, black beans. I love that they’re packed with protein and fiber and they’re just so versatile. Tacos, soup… brownies.
If you haven’t gotten on board the bean-brownie trend, I’m here to tell you that you’re missing out. I’ve made a few different versions and these are my favorite. They even got a thumbs up from Alex, before and after he knew what was in them.
The best part is, you can whip them all up in a food processor so you only have one thing to clean! Also, I’d recommend not using muffin liners because these brownies actually tend to shrink up just a bit, which is how you can tell when they’re finished cooking. Don’t worry, if your spray your pan with a little non-stick spray, they’ll pop right out.
Vegan Black Bean Brownie Bites
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 16
- Category: Dessert
- 1 15oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup agave or honey (if not vegan)
- 1/2 cup dutch cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy free, if vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all ingredient except for chocolate chips in a food processor.
- Blend on high until the batter is mostly smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray and scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter into each muffin tin. It should make between 16-18 mini muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan just slightly. Do not over bake!
- Let cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- Store in an airtight container.
These are vegan & gluten free, and thanks to the beans, they actually have a little protein and fiber. Click here for the full nutritional information.
This recipe made about 16 mini brownie bites. Normally, I think cookie > brownie, but these could sway me. They have the bite-sized nature of a cookie and you still get little chunks of chocolate in there, like my favorite chocolate chip cookie. Trust me, these little bites won’t last long!