Does anyone else feel like life has gotten a little crazy? I feel like summer left and autumn swooped in with cooler temperatures and a packed agenda. We took a little trip to Philadelphia last weekend and while we were driving home, I got my grocery shopping done. Here in Virginia (and in a few other states nearby!) we have Relay Foods. I can order my groceries online and then pick it up the next day. I literally ordered it from my phone in the passenger seat. One less thing to do!
I’ve talked about Relay Foods before (when we first got married, we pretty much exclusively used their grocery service!) and I really love their new meal planning feature. If you’re a fan of meal kit deliveries, then you should definitely check this out. You can search the recipes and then place all the ingredients in your cart. Already have olive oil? Just take it out! Don’t need the garlic? Remove it from your cart. I ordered what I needed for these spiced lentils and since I already had some of the pantry ingredients, so it only cost $8 for me to get the ingredients for this dinner! (It’s also nice that you don’t have to subscribe and you can literally order it whenever you want it!)
I know you’re not all located in a place where you could order from Relay, so I thought I’d share this simple spiced lentil recipe with you all so you can make it at home! Even if you have to go to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients yourself, it’s still a simple and delicious recipe!
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 2¼ cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika or paprika
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Place lentils in a medium-sized pot, with vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce, and simmer 20 minutes or until lentils are just tender.
- Note: Make sure your lentils are tender! Ours were still firm so I added more broth and cooked longer!
- Drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet, over medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in tomato sauce, vegetable broth, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, ginger, cumin, turmeric, paprika, garam masala, and cooked lentils.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro when ready to serve.
Recipe via Relay Foods, reposted with permission.
For the month of October, Relay Foods has increased their discount for first-time customers! You can get $30 off your first order by using my affiliate link. Honestly, you might as well try it! That’s $30 in free groceries!
Full disclosure: You guys know I only share products and services that I know and I love, and I love Relay! I do earn a referral credit when you sign up and Relay gave me some credit in exchange for trying out their recipe service! Thank you for supporting the brands I love!