I hope all of you in the states had an amazing 4th of July celebration! I’m still hanging out it Minnesota with Alex’s family, and it’s been so much fun. Maybe it’s the weather, maybe it’s the holiday, but I’m just loving life today.
So here are five things I’m loving this week:
1. All of the amazing recipes and projects I’m seeing across the blog world! I just discovered a few favorite blogs: Attempts at Domestication (a fellow Virginia Blogger) is inspiring me to give my room a makeover. and Gimme Some Oven is loaded with some delicious looking things like these Oreo truffles!
2. I’m absolutely loving the weather here in Minneapolis! It’s been sunny and beautiful all week. After we took a walk around the St. Paul cathedral, we laid on the lawn at the capitol building, soaking up some sunshine.
Did you know that Minneapolis was ranked the #1 fittest city in the nation? Here’s the article. Crazy!
3. These beans, rice & cheese Cedarlane Burritos. (Disclaimer: I did receive these for free, but as always, all opinions are my own!) I loved these, and the ingredient list is great, especially for a frozen food. (You’ve actually heard of these ingredients.) And they’re super filling!
I packed this on Tuesday with a cup of Chobani and it was the perfect protein packed lunch! Plus, it only takes 2 minutes to microwave, which is awesome if you don’t have a lot of time to prep for lunch. It’s big, but not too big that you finish it feeling stuffed. They’re about 260 calories, but have a lot of protein and fiber so you stay full. Click here for the full nutritional facts.
4. Another frozen food favorite I’ve returned to: Van’s Waffles! The Lite waffles are delicious, only 140 calories, and also have an ingredients list that doesn’t have a million crazy things.
I love mine topped with peanut butter and almond slices. Apparently I can’t get enough nuts! Rounded out this breakfast with an apple, and it was totally delicious!
5. Remaking old recipes. Alex and I threw together a quick pasta dinner on Monday night, and I had a zucchini in the fridge, which I turned into these zucchini fries. They’re so simple, and they might be my favorite way to eat zucchini.
I’ve been making these oven baked zucchini fries on a regular basis, and we’re still not sick of them! These are such a perfect side dish with pasta or paninis.