Forget a clever title. This recipe was TOO GOOD for me to waste time coming up with an enticing title. But let me back up. My friend made me dinner last night, and let me highlight 3 awesome things that go with that statement:
- Um, someone made me dinner.
- There was tofu involved (Yes, Tofu. And no, this person was not a vegetarian.)
- There was KRISHNA!!!!
What I didn’t know, was that Krishna is Ah-Maze-Ing.
What is it, you ask? It’s a salad dressing. It’s vegan, raw, and gluten free. Oh, and it’s also delicious.
I think this was the recipe my friend used.
- 1-1/2 cups almonds
- 1-1/2 cups nutritional yeast
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup Bragg’s amino acids (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp asafetida (I think you can find this at the grocery store? It’s some kind of indian spice)
Blend it up until it’s creamy, and voila, you have a delicious dressing. We ate it on salad, but I bet this stuff would be good on couscous, veggies… with a spoon
I think I’m going to go make a batch of this and keep it in my fridge. Bye bye boring salads.
Have you ever tried Krishna? What’s your favorite type of salad dressing?