These 10-minute green beans are a new favorite in our house. There’s something about haricot verts that just seems fancy, but don’t let the name fool you. These green beans come together so quickly, they might be one of the easiest side dishes ever.
I snagged a bag of haricot verts at Trader Joe’s and the first thing I did was google how they were different from regular green beans. Turns out, there’s not really much difference, they’re just a bit thinner and shorter. If you can only find regular green beans, this should still work, you’ll just have to cook them a bit longer!
10 Minute Green Beans
- 1 lb haricot verts (french style green beans)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash the green beans and trim the ends off.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the almonds and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the green beans have a light crunch to them and the almonds are toasted.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
This almost doesn’t count as a recipe because it’s so easy but we were literally eating these out of the pan, they’re so good. Plus, it’s the easy recipes like this one that I find myself making over and over again!
Want to jazz up your green beans a bit? Try these crunchy oven-baked green bean fries!
Looking for another easy side dish? These parmesan butternut squash fries are so simple but so addicting!
I used to eat those butternut squash fries allllll the time when I was in college, so I have a soft spot for squas fries! (Especially with ketchup!) But these green beans might be my new favorite side dish!