This week has gone by a little too fast but I’d say we’ve definitely made the most out of our vacation! Alex and I drove to New York City on Sunday and we picked up my in laws from the airport on Monday. We managed to squeeze in a lot activities in just a few days. We saw a comedy show, a Yankees game, an off-broadway show, and quite a few landmarks!
My Favorite Food Spots in NYC
Obviously we ate tons of good food but here are just a few of my favorite places that we visited!
1. Don Antonio– this place had awesome wood fired pizza. I could probably eat pizza every day if we’re being honest.
2. The Butchers Daughter– this vegetarian restaurant was amazing. We went here for brunch and we all enjoyed what we ordered. Alex and I shared an acai smoothie bowl, avocado toast, & some adzuki bean “bacon”.
3.Becco– this is where we went to lunch before the show and it was a pretty crazy deal. For $20 we got all the pasta we could eat. The mushroom ravioli was amazing and I’m not even a fan of mushrooms!
We ended up walking nearly 13 miles every day, so we had a good excuse to eat a lot of food!
Tone It Up Workouts
The newest Tone It Up challenge started last week, so I’ve had fun keeping up with the workouts and trying some new recipes. Obviously I didn’t stick to the meal plan while we were on vacation but I did find quite a few healthy options. There was a juice place on pretty much every corner so that made it easy!
Now that I’m back home, I’m making my own smoothie bowls again! I’ve also been enjoying the daily workouts. (They have a bunch of free videos online, so if you’re looking for something to do at home, they’re great!)
I love working out at home because I’m much more likely to stick with it, so their videos are perfect for me!
Spring Events in Richmond
I don’t know about your city, but spring in Richmond is one of the best times of the year! There are festivals and events happening all the time and the weather has warmed up but it’s not too hot just yet!
Some of the things I’m looking forward to:
- Cyclebar, a cycling studio, just came to Richmond so I’m hoping to check out one of their classes soon!
- Project Yoga has lots of classes around town and I definitely want to hit up one of their classes at the VMFA.
- I haven’t been to the South of the James farmer’s market since the weather warmed up so we’re planning to stop by this weekend. I feel like every time I go, there are new vendors there!